- I’m not a developer. Can I still use FacetWP?
- Does FacetWP integrate with eCommerce plugins?
- Why are my facets loading slowly?
- Can I use FacetWP to filter user listings?
- Why is my facet empty?
- What should I do if the indexer stalls?
- Does FacetWP integrate with WooCommerce Bookings?
- Why do my facets disappear?
- Why does FacetWP prefix its permalink vars with “fwp”?
- Why isn’t FacetWP working with WP Rocket?
- Why are automatic updates not appearing in my dashboard?
- Does FacetWP work with my theme?
I’m not a developer. Can I still use FacetWP?
Yes, but we do strongly recommend at least some development experience.
Does FacetWP integrate with eCommerce plugins?
Yes! FacetWP supports any plugin that uses post types to store products. WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Jigoshop are all compatible.
One caveat: some page components (e.g. pagination and sorting) may need to be replaced with FacetWP equivalents.
Why are my facets loading slowly?
FacetWP itself is exceedingly fast. It normally takes a fraction of a second to load results. However, every WordPress request (including AJAX) is only as fast as the slowest plugin.
If FacetWP takes a while to load, there’s likely a larger underlying issue. Make sure to disable any unnecessary plugins, and ensure that your server has sufficient resources.
We have a free Caching add-on that may help on high-traffic sites. Please read the installation instructions carefully, since it requires a few extra steps.
Can I use FacetWP to filter user listings?
No, FacetWP does not support filtering on WP users or BuddyPress groups.
Why is my facet empty?
- Make sure you’ve hit the Re-index button after creating new facets.
- A FacetWP template needs to exist on your page
- By default, FacetWP only indexes content from searchable post types (exclude_from_search = false)
- For certain custom fields (such as CMB2 checkbox fields), you may need to tell FacetWP’s indexer how to properly index the data
What should I do if the indexer stalls?
Keep a browser tab open on the FacetWP settings page. FacetWP’s indexer includes built-in resume functionality (learn more).
Also, check your web server’s PHP error log. A stalled indexer is usually due to the server running out of memory.
If your site is hosted on WP Engine, try adding the following line to wp-config.php (this prevents WP Engine from killing long queries):
define( 'WPE_GOVERNOR', false );
Does FacetWP integrate with WooCommerce Bookings?
Yes, our Bookings add-on lets you find available bookings within a user-defined range.
Why do my facets disappear?
If using the CSS-based template approach, make sure that your facet shortcodes are *outside* of the
facetwp-template container element.
Why does FacetWP prefix its permalink vars with “fwp”?
We use prefixes to prevent conflicts with WordPress and other plugins. WordPress has many reserved query vars, and strange things happen if FacetWP tries to use them.
Why isn’t FacetWP working with WP Rocket?
If you’re using a caching plugin such as WP Rocket, please make sure that HTML minification is disabled, since it interferes with FacetWP and many other plugins.
Why are automatic updates not appearing in my dashboard?
First, make sure that you’ve entered and activated your license key (Settings > FacetWP > Settings). If you’re still not seeing updates, go to Dashboard > Updates, then click the
Check again button. Sometimes WP’s update cache just need to be flushed.
Does FacetWP work with my theme?
Probably. There’s tens of thousands of themes out there. Tell us which theme, and we’ll try to figure out whether the theme is compatible.