In 2.8, we focused on both code modernization and loading speed. We strongly recommend upgrading, since this version also fixes 1 security issue.
FacetWP 2.8 now requires the following:
- WordPress 4.4 or above
- PHP 5.3 or above
Shortcode-based templates now use a REST API endpoint (instead of admin-ajax.php). On average, we’ve seen about a 15% speed improvement with this change.
If you’ve disabled the REST API, use the following code to fallback to admin-ajax.php:
add_filter( 'facetwp_use_rest_api', '__return_false' );
FacetWP 2.8 now requires PHP 5.3 or above.
Below is the result of our month-long analysis. Since PHP 5.2 was last updated in 2011, and given the many benefits of 5.3+, we’ve taken this leap to ensure the highest code quality.
We also now require WordPress 4.4+, since that’s when the REST API was first introduced.
- We fixed a security issue allowing logged-in users to access the migration tool.
- We fixed an issue where a facet’s “OR” mode wasn’t working with WooCommerce variable products.
- FacetWP will show an admin notice if an integration add-on needs to be installed.
- We greatly improved the speed of SearchWP search pages.
- We added support for ACF5 radio fields.