What’s new in FacetWP 3.8
FacetWP is a major rewrite that contains some potentially breaking changes, especially if you’re using any custom hooks that depend on jQuery. Please make sure to test 3.8 on a staging site.
Removal of jQuery dependency
FacetWP 3.8 no longer requires jQuery. We’ve added a UI setting to let you continue loading jQuery if needed (for backwards compatibility).
This is a major change, so we wanted to provide a way to downgrade if needed. You can download the prior branch (3.7.4) within the facetwp.com account dashboard.
New JS helper library
fUtil is less than 2KB minified, compared with jQuery + Migrate which adds up to ~35KB.
More JS rewrites
- fSelect – we’ve rebuilt this library from scratch to be even faster and lighter.
- fDate – introduced in 3.7.1, we’ve continued to refine and optimize the code.
- fTip – we built this tooltip library to replace
jquery-powertip, which relied on jQuery.
- fComplete – this new autocomplete library replaces
jquery-autocompleteand is blazingly fast.
- FacetWP now sends raw data via AJAX for greater efficiency (and less overhead)
- Update checks are now made over HTTPS
- We’ve added “Settings” data to Debug Mode for easier troubleshooting